Skip to content


October 2, 2009

I had my last echographie on wednsday.  Baby is doing fine, is a little big bigger then average, but the Doctor and I are a week apart in our due dates…  So if we were going by my due date, Baby would be right on track.  The only problem is that the baby is NOT head down.  Of course it was head down at the second echo, and now at the third it is in a transversale position, meaning laying sideways!!  Which is kind of bad news because if it doesn’t flip, then I have to have a C section.  The one thing that I really do not want.  From what the Doctor said and what other people have told me, Baby still has the time to flip around sometimes the flip just a few days before the birth…  But the doctors in France are kind of alarmists, pretty much anything leads to Panic, so I am hoping that this is one of those type of situations…  The Doctor kind of scared me, and I spoke to someone else who said that her baby was the wrong way too until 2 weeks before the birth, so hopefully this one will flip around too.  Has anyone out there had any experience with this?

So cross your fingers that this baby flips around the right way and sooner rather then later!  Someone also suggested going to the osteopathe, which I guess is a possibility.  I have to call around and see if I can see one.  Other then that, I am off to my birthing classes in about a half an hour.  Which should be more then interesting…   I am sure that I’ll get something mixed up and do the wrong thing, but whatever, at least I’ll make everyone laugh.  Or at least I hope so!

2 Comments leave one →
  1. October 2, 2009 3:51 pm

    Oh you must be getting close now, exciting! I think a lot of babies wait to turn the last few weeks. Mine did and my daughter waited right to the end at 37 weeks in fact. She was born at 38 weeks so there you go. Fingers crossed 😉

    • ashleyenfrance permalink*
      October 2, 2009 7:02 pm

      Yea, I am at 34 weeks. Baby is supposed to be at term on the 12th of November, so I think that there is still time for it to turn. Apparently it is already a ‘beau bebe’ as the Dr said, they estimated its weight at 2.5 kilos already… I am going to buy a birthing ball to sit on which is supposed to help, and I have been going for walks too. I guess I am hoping that gravity will give me a hand too!! I really don’t want to have a C Section. I’d like to give the baby all the time it needs to flip before that. I go to the doctor next on the 23rd so I’ll know more then… Thanks for you comment though, makes me feel better! I am not the only one!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: